HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR HEART CONDITIONS
The terms “heart disease” can cover a wide variety of conditions. It is important to work with a medical doctor to know what it going on when you are having symptoms and tests are always useful.
For a more holistic approach, homeopathy is one of the things that can help greatly, together with appropriate diet and exercise.
TYPES OF HEART CONDITION
- Congenital heart disease- the heart problems that a person is born with such as septal defects
- Arrhythmia– irregularities in the rhythm of pulsation of the heart such as tachycardia, tachyarrythmia, bradycardia, etc.
- Coronary artery disease– diseases of the blood vessels of the heart
- Dilated cardiomyopathy– The heart chambers become dilated as a result of heart muscle weakness and cannot pump blood properly.
- Myocardial infarction- loss of blood supply to heart muscles.
- Heart failure- heart failure occurs when the heart does not pump blood around the body efficiently.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy- is a genetic disorder in which the wall of the left ventricle thickens, making it harder for blood to be pumped out of the heart.
- Mitral regurgitation- this occurs when the mitral valve in the heart does not close tightly enough.
- Mitral valve prolapsed- The valve between the left atrium and left ventricle does not fully close
- Pulmonary stenosis- narrowing or closure of the pulmonary valve.
The common symptoms of heart diseases include chest pain or angina, breathlessness, and heart palpitations. Heart diseases may result in heart attack and heart failure when left untreated. The signs of a heart attack are similar to angina but they can also occur during rest and tend to be more severe. Other signs are breathlessness, dizziness, profuse sweating, nausea and vomiting. Some heart conditions does not present with any symptoms at all, especially in older adults and individuals with diabetes.
USEFUL HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR HEART CONDITIONS
Snake remedies: Lachesis and Naja are some of the top remedies to consider.
Lachesis is indicated with palpitations with faintness, weak and intermittent pulse, worse for lying on the left side; sensation of pressure on the chest.
Naja has shooting pain in the heart region, radiating to the left shoulder. Weakness. Heart murmurs, symptoms appearing after a viral infection.
Aconite: sudden onset of heart symptoms, pain in the chest, extreme fear of dying.
Crataegus: general heart tonic, I usually prescribe it in mother tincture. Weakness, oppression, stitches and insomnia. Rapid pulse, myocarditis, angina.
Aurum Metallicum: heart symptoms from acute stress and depression, high blood pressure, heart feels loose on walking.
Cactus: low blood pressure, heart feels like constricted by an iron band, it expands and and contracts quickly. Irregular pulse, endocardiatis.
These are some of the main remedies for heart conditions. Of course, homeopathy helps the individual and not the condition and therefore it is important to work with a homeopath and monitor the condition over time.
It is also important to consider regular medical tests: homeopathy is great, but, like I always say, the good point of western medicine is technology: test machines and surgery are something homeopathy cannot do. In such cases, homeopathy is not a substitute for medical intervention, however, when used under the guidance of a homeopath, it can greatly reduce the recovery period and the amount of medication.
If you want to discuss more and find out how to work with me, book your free 20 minute Assessment Session with me.